edb-debugger Package Description
A Linux equivalent of the famous Olly debugger on the Windows platform. Some of its features are:.
- Intuitive GUI interface
- The usual debugging operations (step-into/step-over/run/break)
- Conditional breakpoints
- Debugging core is implemented as a plugin so people can have drop in replacements. Of course if a given platform has several debugging APIs available, then you may have a plugin that implements any of them.
- Basic instruction analysis
- View/Dump memory regions
- Effective address inspection
- The data dump view is tabbed, allowing you to have several views of memory open at the same time and quickly switch between them.
- Importing and generation of symbol maps
- Author: Evan Teran
- License: GPLv2
Tools included in the edb-debugger package
edb – Modular and cross platform debugger
An easy to use, modular and cross platform debugger.
edb Usage Example