crunch Package Description
Crunch is a wordlist generator where you can specify a standard character set or a character set you specify. crunch can generate all possible combinations and permutations.
- crunch generates wordlists in both combination and permutation ways
- it can breakup output by number of lines or file size
- resume support
- pattern now supports number and symbols
- pattern now supports upper and lower case characters separately
- adds a status report when generating multiple files
- new -l option for literal support of @,%^
- new -d option to limit duplicate characters see man file for details
- unicode support
- Author: bofh28
- License: GPLv2
Tools included in the crunch package
crunch – Create a wordlist based on criteria you specify
crunch version 3.6
Crunch can create a wordlist based on criteria you specify. The output from crunch can be sent to the screen, file, or to another program.
Usage: crunch <min> <max> [options]
where min and max are numbers
Please refer to the man page for instructions and examples on how to use crunch.
crunch Usage Example
Generate a dictionary file containing words with a minimum and maximum length of 6 (6 6) using the given characters (0123456789abcdef), saving the output to a file (-0 6chars.txt):
Crunch will now generate the following amount of data: 117440512 bytes
Crunch will now generate the following number of lines: 16777216